(Cross-posted from my real writing blog. Update your links today.)
I just can't stop playing with my new writing blog. The Wordpress template I'm using makes everything so easy. Today, I had the bright idea that I'd add a link to an Amazon shop featuring my old, out-of-print books. They're pretty ancient now but you can still buy them second-hand on Amazon and I hoped people would be curious.
Then I thought maybe that wasn't really interesting enough. So I hit on the idea of putting up a page of sci-fi books that I thought were the most important, significant and purely wonderful I have ever read - just to let everyone know what my taste is. Unfortunately, once I'd started, I couldn't stop and I ended up listing over forty of them! (And I still keep thinking of others I should have included.)
Doing it as an Amazon shop makes it so easy to pick books and lay out the pages that it would be idiotic to do it any other way. Plus, it has the added bonus that if anyone does feel like buying one of the books I recommend, I get a small cut of the sale price!
To see the new page on this blog, click "Buy My Books" - the rightmost menu item at the top of this page. Or you could just go straight to the Amazon shop page.
(Please note, this blog has moved to a new address. If you link to this blog from your website or through a feed reader, you should update your link. If you wish to comment, please do so at the new address. Thanks.)

No comments:
Post a Comment