Sunday, 22 February 2009

Definitions for the Perplexed

Anyone new to the writing business will probably be as vague as I am on the meanings of certain publishing terms. If you're not in the industry, and you haven't had a book published, you might be unsure about terms such as; 'ARC', 'galley', 'proof', 'mech', and so on. Even if you're hip to the jive, you might still not quite grasp the difference between a 1st galley and a 2nd galley.

Well, thanks to one of my favourite bloggers, Editorial Anonymous, you can now bandy TLAs and obscure jargon with the most hardened industry professionals. For a few days now, EA has been doing a series of posts called 'Definitions for the Perplexed', wherein she defines a whole slew of such terms in her usual, clear and concise style.

As soon as I saw the series title I thought, 'Hey, that's me!' If you have the same reaction, I suggest you start adding these invaluable posts to your bookmarks collection.

1 comment: