Sunday, 11 January 2009

The Devil Made Me Do It


OK, so I'm skiving off work. Ever since I finished my latest novel, TimeSplash!, my productivity has been way down (although I just finished a new short story I'm very pleased with - Jim'sWorld.)

So here's a drawing of a character from TimeSplash! by way of whiling away the time. I know, I'm no Jeremy Gordon, but it's fun trying new things. This guy really does appear - looking just like this - in the story. Only my readers (Terry, Rod, Christine and Becky) know why.

Anyone else care to hazzard a guess?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You drew this?! Didn't anyone tell you that you aren't allowed to be talented enough to write AND draw? I'm jealous, I only have words to paint pictures.

I am intrigued, when I am unable to sleep in bed tonight I will give this some thought.

graywave said...

Good grief no! I don't have that kind of talent (although my daughter does, strangely enough). No, I just put together bits from other people's drawings and photos and tried to make them look as if they belonged together using a picture editing program.

The guy I mentioned in the post, Jeremy Gordon, really is talented enough to write and draw, however (but I bet he can't do both at the same time.) It makes you sick, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Phew, I didn't want to be that jealous!

You know this picture has been bugging me all day? Is he a Victorian Dandy that has randomly found a crash helmet from the future and wants to set London aflame with his new look? Or is he a traveller from the future who forgot to take off his helmet on arrival, despite so very carefully studying the fashion of the time?

See what you are doing to me? It's cruel ;o)

graywave said...

Pretty darned close, Emma. This is actually an Edwardian outfit and the guy is a newly-arrived time-traveller from 2049 to 1902. If I ever publish the darned book, all will be revealed (unless you'd like to do a manuscript reading swap: I'll show you mine if you show me yours. I've got to say, I'm curious.)

Anonymous said...

*blushes* But I've only just met you....

Mine is going through a hard edit right now to get ready for proofing and typesetting so I am feeling very protective of it.

Thanks for the offer though. I might put up a snippet on the site soon, but not yet... I need to spend a little bit longer keeping it close and warm, before sending it back out into the scary world again.

Edwardian, damn! I should've known that! I am intrigued too, I love time-travel - in fact, a time travel tale that I penned got me my place at university, but that's another story!